Welcome to Wembley Park Drive Medical Centre
Wembley Park Medical Centre currently serves 12000 patients of mixed ethnicity.
The past year has particularly challenging for the NHS and within our practice this has definitely been felt. GP practices are under pressure and this has resulted in the closure of a local practice. A significant number of those patients have now joined our practice. This has had an impact in the availability in appointments for us, which we have tried to combat with additional sessions by our own GPs and Locum GPs (most of whom we know and trust). We have now appointed 2 new lovely Doctors, Dr Dunbar and Dr Jivan and we welcome them to our team. Please be patient and nice to them as we know you will be, whilst they settle in. We have been reviewing our appointments system with our Patient Participation Group and have hopefully come up with a workable solution which should mean more appointments available on the day and in advance for when you and your family may need them. We are also working to increase the number of receptionists answering the phones as the calls coming through has increased significantly, on average we receive 400 phone calls just on a Monday alone, also we will also be expanding our online booking facility. We will send a follow up text message to give more details on how we will be changing our appointment system.
Thank You Dr Juliette Ross & Dr Sachin Patel
New Appointment System – From April 2017
- We are introducing a new appointment system to improve patient care
- Our aim is to give priority to patients who urgently need to see a doctor or nurse.
- Please note that Urgent Appointments are only for urgent medical problems.
- Reception will ask the nature of your problem to ensure that urgent appointments are used appropriately – you may be asked to book a Routine Appointment instead.
- Urgent Appointments will be allocated in the morning, for the same day.
- Although we will try to make the appointment with the doctor of your choice, this may not always be possible; in which case, you will be offered the next available doctor, but it is important to maintain continuity
- Routine Appointments are for repeat prescriptions, results, referral letters, longstanding medical problems and other non-urgent matters.
- Routine Appointments can be made up to one week in advance.
- Your problem may be suitable for an appointment at our sister surgery, in Chaplin Road Wembley, which deals with minor ailments. Appointments at Chaplin Road will be: 6:30pm. To 9:00pm. Monday to Friday and on weekends from 9:00am. to 3:00pm,providing a 7 day service.
- Doctors at Chaplin Road will have access to the Wembley Park Medical Centre clinical system, with your consent.
The table below shows doctors’ availability at the Wembley Park Drive Medical Centre: please bear this in mind when asking for appointments with a specific doctor.
Dr Juliette Ross
Dr Sachin Patel
Dr Davina Kreft
Dr Sheema Sufi
Dr Krishanthi Liyange
Dr Sobitha Myurathan
Dr Rachel Dunbar
Dr Rakesh Jivan
Dr Hema Vora
The Patient Participation Group was involved in the introduction of this system
Please let us know as soon as possible if you no longer require an appointment, please contact Reception to cancel it, so that we can offer it to another patient who may need seeing.
You can cancel your appointment in and out of hours by calling our appointments line 0208 903 6033 this is an automated system
Please listen carefully to the message and speak clearly when forwarding the required information.
Replying CANCEL to the automated reminder texts sent to you before your appointment.
Brent Health App - Your local NHS at a touch of a button.
Our latest survey results are now available. See how we did...
If you need a chaperone, please advise the receptionist when booking a consultation.
Interpreting - for patients who don't speak English
Do you need to see a GP Urgently?
Dr Juliette Ross has been practising at Wembley Park for the past 30 years. She is supported by her colleagues, Dr Sachin Patel, Dr Davina Kreft, Dr Liyanage, Dr Sheema Sufi, Dr Caroline Cox, Dr Hema Vora, Dr Sobitha Myurathan, Dr Dunbar, Dr Jivan. Our clinical team also includes Practice Nurses and Health Care Assistants.
Our team of reception staff are happy and willing to help with all your enquiries both on the phone and in person at the surgery.
Our dedicated staff will be of assistance at all times as our moto says HELP US TO HELP YOU! You can help reception staff in providing as much information as possible at the first point of call, allowing the members of staff to help direct you to see the right person. This allows us to save time and inconvenience.
The website will help to provide up to date resource links, health care related information and provide current up to date news, developments & changes that are relevant to the practice and the care of our patients. Have a browse through the website and provide any feedback or suggestions that can be considered for any future development or improvements. This will enable us to go on and further develop other services .
You can submit a repeat prescription request online via Patient Access by clicking on the image on the right. You must register to use this service, a login pin number should be requested from the surgery to register and activate the service.
Download our Practice Leaflet Here
(Site updated 14/09/2017)